Young Israel Calls for Firing of CNN Commentator and Temple U Professor After Anti-Semitic RemarksNovember 28, 2018
The National Council of Young Israel (NCYI) today called on CNN and Temple University to fire Marc Lamont Hill following highly offensive anti-Semitic remarks that he made during an address in conjunction with the United Nations’ commemoration of the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People earlier today.
A political commentator for CNN and the Steve Charles Professor of Media, Cities, and Solutions at Temple University, Dr. Hill denounced Israel, endorsed Palestinian terror, and advocated for Palestinian Arabs to use violence against Israel. In addition, Hill called for people to engage in the anti-Semitic BDS movement, and said that “justice requires a free Palestine from the river to sea,” a term generally used by Israel’s enemies who want to see the country completely obliterated.
“The virulent anti-Semitism spewed by Marc Lamont Hill is abhorrent, and his senseless promotion of violence against Israel is repugnant,” said the National Council of Young Israel. “With his racist views and unabashed denigration of Israel, Dr. Hill does not deserve to be given any sort of platform that facilitates the dissemination of his bigotry, whether it be on Cable TV or in a classroom.”
“In light of Dr. Hill’s malevolent anti-Semitic remarks, we call upon CNN and Temple University to fire him immediately,” continued the NCYI. “Neither CNN nor Temple should countenance anti-Semitism, and their failure to take swift action and terminate Dr. Hill would make them complicit in sanctioning bigotry and anti-Semitism. With such hate-filled views that are antithetical to basic human decency, Marc Lamont Hill should not be rewarded by serving as a pundit or a professor, and both CNN and Temple have a duty to dismiss Dr. Hill and renounce his anti-Semitic beliefs.”
Marc Lamont Hill’s remarks today were the latest in a long line of anti-Semitic comments that he has made over the years. For example, in May 2017, Hill knocked President Trump’s stance on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, stating that the president’s “call for Palestine to ‘reject hatred and terrorism’ is offensive & counterproductive,” thereby openly implying that hatred and terrorism directed at Jews is completely acceptable. In addition, in 2014, Hill criticized Israel for what he termed “the occupation of Gaza.” Hill has also heaped praise on known anti-Semite Louis Farrakhan who recently referred to Jews as “stupid” and compared them to termites.
- Young Israel Praises Passage of House Anti-Semitism Resolution
- Young Israel Blasts Ilhan Omar’s Inadequate “Apology”
- testing weekly post
- Young Israel: Democratic Leadership Should Strip Ilhan Omar of Her Committee Assignments After Her Reprehensible Anti-Semitic Tropes
- Young Israel Statement on President Trump’s State of the Union Address
- Young Israel Praises Selection of Elan Carr as Anti-Semitism Envoy
- Young Israel Statement on Palestinian Authority’s Refusal of U.S. Aid
- Young Israel Supports Congressional Resolution Rejecting Anti-Israel and Anti-Semitic Hatred
- Young Israel: NY’s New Abortion Law Is Not Kosher
- Young Israel Praises Wasserman Schultz and DNC for Distancing Themselves from the Women’s March; Calls on Them to Distance Themselves from Reps. Omar and Tlaib Due to Their BDS Support