Young Israel Calls on King Abdullah to Distance Himself from Terrorism and Anti-Semitism After Jordanian MP Praises Terrorist for “Killing the Jews”March 19, 2019
The National Council of Young Israel (NCYI) today called on King Abdullah II of Jordan to distance himself from terrorism after a Jordanian Member of Parliament praised the terrorist who murdered two Israelis this past weekend.
During a session of Parliament, MP Khalil Atiyeh saluted 18-year-old Omar Abu Laila, who fatally stabbed 19-year-old Sgt. Gal Keidan and shot and killed Rabbi Achiad Ettinger, a father of 12. In addition, MP Atiyeh referred to Amir Weissbrod, Israel’s ambassador to Jordan, as “a descendant of monkeys and pigs” during a debate in which Jordanian lawmakers urged the expulsion of Ambassador Weissbrod in light of the tension that exists relative to the Temple Mount.
“It is disgraceful and distasteful that as Israel and the greater Jewish community mourn the tragic loss of Sgt. Gal Keidan and Rabbi Achiad Ettinger, a Jordanian lawmaker stood up and hailed the terrorist who murdered them in cold blood solely because they were Jewish,” said NCYI President Farley Weiss. “Glorifying terrorism is indefensible, and Mr. Atiyeh’s twisted tribute to a terrorist on the floor of the Jordanian Parliament is despicable. We call upon King Abdullah to publicly condemn Mr. Atiyeh’s heinous remarks about the recent terrorist attack and to promptly denounce the lawmaker’s anti-Semitic comments about the Israeli ambassador. King Abdullah must take immediate steps to distance himself from the anti-Semitism and terrorist propaganda being spewed in the Jordanian Parliament and honor the memories of the two individuals who were brutally murdered this weekend by censuring Mr. Atiyeh.”Young Israel Calls on King Abdullah to Distance Himself from Terrorism and Anti-Semitism After Jordanian Mp Praises Terrorist for “Killing the Jews”
- Young Israel Blasts Buttigieg After Threat to Cut Aid to Israel
- National Council of Young Israel and Chovevei Zion Present the 26th Annual Israel Day Concert in Central Park
- Young Israel Praises U.S. Middle East Envoy for UN Address
- Young Israel Condemns Anti-Semitic Remarks by NYU Graduation Speaker
- Young Israel Statement on Response of Reps. Omar and Tlaib to the Latest Round of Rocket Fire from Gaza
- Young Israel Statement on Yesterday's Deadly Sitting in a California Synagogue
- Young Israel: College Campuses Shouldn't Embrace Anti-Semites
- Young Israel Statement on Netanyahu Victory
- Young Israel Statement on AirBNB Israel Decision
- Young Israel Statement on President Trump’s Announcement Regarding the Golan Heights